Ideal for Intermediate/High School students to build on existing core skills
Reading Plus is a superb online tool for improving reading comprehension, speed
and vocabulary. Once students have mastered the foundational ‘learn to read skills’, Reading Plus helps to further develop their reading speed, fluency, vocabulary and comprehension up to levels required at higher levels of schooling and employment.
Reading Plus picks up where phonics and oral reading instruction leave off, providing fast, sustainable comprehension and silent reading fluency gains.
| || |
The Reading Plus system's adaptive interventions assist students in developing the silent reading skills they need to become proficient readers and independent learners. Some key features are:
- Built in eye tracking exercises help prepare them for their reading practice session.
- Comprehension questions follow passages of on screen text that students choose and read.
- Automatically increases/decreases text speed or difficulty depending on the student’s responses.
- Students complete 30 minute sessions and should aim for 3 to 5 sessions per week!
- Internet run – no installation required.
- Tutor reports include students reading speed, comprehension, and vocabulary levels.
- Printable worksheets are automatically available for areas identified as requiring extra instruction.
- Onscreen certificates encourage and celebrate success with students.
Reading Plus will not only provide appropriate reading material, but will be constantly adjusting the material for each student. As they improve in their reading comprehension, the material will improve in the speed it is presented to the students.
Topics they'll love....
Students self-select informational and literary texts from eight high-interest categories. Interest profiles help students make connections between their own interests and curriculum topics while igniting curiosity and expanding knowledge.
“The higher levels the Reading Plus program are certainly providing our girls with some fascinating reading; we often end up researching the topics further and are ending up with a large list of places to visit!" Peter Grant, Parent.
Choice & Control
Game mechanics provide incentive for even the most reluctand readers, while mastery goals provide all students with greater degrees of choice and control over their learning experiences.